Best 50cc ATV for the money Posted in: Motor Scooters – Tags: motor scooters main
The great outdoors are waiting, mother nature calls, the farm breeze needs to be enjoyed, some supplies are needed to be hauled to the barn. An ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) is a utility, adventure, and leisure vehicle that is a cross between an off-road car, and a motorcycle. It has four wheels and an engine and transmission similar to that of a motorcycle.
It is an indomitable farmhand when going about with the daily tasks and hauling supplies, tools, produce, and even game. We have shortlisted the best entry-level buggies for your memorable summer outdoor adventure.
|SMART DEALSNOW brings Brand new TAO TAO TFORCE Mid Size Fully Automatic ATV||Buy on Amazon|
|X-PRO 110cc ATV Quad Youth ATVs||Buy on Amazon|
|ICEbear Store 110cc ATV||Buy on Amazon|
The Best 50cc ATVs
#4 TAO Rhino 250
- Utility -This quad is equipped with enough racks and tie-downs to secure whether cargo, supplies, tools, produce or game, from the farm or a hunting expedition. Racks on both front and rear of the quad can carry enough cargo up to 200 lbs.
- Power -It is a mid-range ATV suitable for 16 year-olds up, yet is equipped with a speed limiter at the throttle for added safety. It can go as fast as 35 km/h when the throttle is let loose, not so sluggish for a buggy.
#3 Tao TForce
- Versatile – It can go wherever you want it, with 19” x 7” knobby tires, front bumper guards, wide ridged footrests, while keeping a tad of comfort with its padded seats. Its 5.5” ground clearance lets you clear those rocks and rugged terrain, while a 37.8” wheelbase gives it stability and control.
#2 X-Pro 110
- Easy to Handle – This thumper is very much capable of squeezing into tight spots and turns with its 2.25 meter turning radius, making it easy to maneuver even for kids. The automatic transmission makes it more suitable for younger riders, plus the addition of the kill switch and speed limiter makes it even safer.
#1 ICEbear ATV
- Powerful & Robust -For a price of under $700 on amazon, this small machine offers big bang for your buck, kids surely love it. It is capable of hauling up to 140 lbs. including the rider as a small rack is fitted at the back. The rack is definitely not for big hauls but can come in handy for small equipment or other toys kids might add in tow.
What are the best features in an ATV for beginners?
Hopping behind the bars of an ATV is simple yet one needs some information before jumping into buying one. To start with, for kids, an Automatic Transmission paired with a 110cc 4-stroke engine is the best bet. Kids need not worry about shifting gears in an AT while a 4-stroke engine has lesser emissions and is less prone to overheating.
A speed limiter and a kill switch should also be on the checklist. For adults, there are 150 or 250cc thumpers that are easy quads to start with. If you already have experience with manual clutch-driven motorcycles, manual transmission types give more precision and control when off-roading compared to ATs especially when descending.
Automatic kill switches are also essential to avoid more trouble in the event that the rider is separated from the quad. When going off-road, a 4×4 quad is the way to go. Keep in mind that an ATV, for leisure, would entail a hefty investment, so if you are eyeing for long-term use and more aggressive riding, for the 4×4 right away.
Things to Consider When Buying an ATV
ATVs are outdoor rigs that are capable of going at speeds. Crash Bars protect legs from rocks and twigs in the trail. This protects the foot from unexpected things that the outdoors will throw into the ride.
Automatic Kill Switch activates when the rider gets separated from the machine. It automatically turns off the engine limiting further movement of the quad, lessening damage brought about by a machine that’s out of control.
Speed limiters are important especially for kids when they are starting out. These speed limiters keep the throttle at bay, preventing over-speeding.
Construction and Durability
A quad’s durability is measured primarily with the engine, suspension, and overall construction. The best engines are those air-cooled 4-strokes for small displacement quads, and the suspension is usually oil damped steel coil springs. Steel outer frames also speak durability while carbon fiber is also more durable than most plastics.
Rider Weight and Size
Consider Rider Weight and Height when acquiring a quad. A thumper that is either too small or big for the rider can pose risks. Bigger quads usually pack bigger and more powerful engines. Riders who can’t tame these large engines – 250cc up – might get into trouble.
An ATV is primarily a farm vehicle that doubles as a leisure machine. To fulfill its utilitarian nature, carriers and tow hooks are necessary. These racks are placed whenever there’s a need to load up some tools, produce, or whatever cargo that has to be carried.