Best Mountain Bike Brands Posted in: Bikes – Tags: best mountain bike brands, bikes main, mountain bike brands
If you’re asking yourself ‘what is the best mountain bike brand’ you may have just hit the jackpot. You could spend hours upon hours scouring the internet searching for the best brand available, but we’ve already done that for you.
We’ve narrowed down the top 10 best mountain bike brands so you can take your mind off of worrying about what bike to get, and put your brain back into planning the outing of a lifetime.
- Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic mountain biking
- Custom formed and butted tubing combines lightweight and stiffness
- 27.5 inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer Quick handling
High class mountain bikes have a hard time keeping up with this rough and tumble gemstone. The optimized single pivot point and sealed cartridge make for smooth and durable performance, helping you answer the difficult question: what is the best mountain bike brand?
Built with sturdy front and rear wheels this bike is designed to take a hit and climb rugged terrain, all while being comfortable to ride. A truly great choice for any serious adventurer.
- Hand built 4-inch travel 6061 T-6 aluminum alloy full suspension 29er frame is ready for the trail
- Optimized single pivot with sealed cartridge bearings for smooth performance and durability
- SR Sun tour XCT 100Mm suspension fork and Kind shock coil rear shock tackle the terrain
- The Schwinn bonafied mountain bike features an aluminum mountain frame and a powerful Schwinn suspension fork that soaks up bumps and thumps to provide you with a fun, durable riding experience
- 24 speed Shimano EZ Fire trigger shifters and front and rear Shimano derailleurs make gear changes easy and smooth
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide crisp all condition stopping out on the trail; Durable Schwinn alloy cranks provide steady gearing and less pesky maintenance
With an aluminum dual suspension frame paired with fork and rear shocks limiting your bumps along the ride this is a hard bike to beat. The Schwinn name is not only impressive with their line of bikes, but these bikes also have mechanical disc brakes on the front and rear wheels.
These breaks make for smooth stopping and help slow you down easily. With plenty of different color combinations to boot the Schwinn really is one of the ultimate contenders trying to answer the question of what is the best mountain bike brand.
- Schwinn aluminum dual suspension frame and powerful Schwinn suspension fork soak up bumps and thumps to provide you a durable riding experience; 27.5-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 21-speed trigger shifters make gear changes easy and smooth
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide crisp all-condition stopping out on the trail
- Aluminum MTB frame with hydroformed tubing and a powerful front suspension fork is strong and reliable; 26-inch wheels fit riders 64 to 74 inches tall
- 21-speed shifters make for smooth gear changes on every ride
- Front and rear V-brakes ensure quick stops out on the trail
If you haven’t heard this brand name before you’re about to have your socks knocked off. Mongoose bikes are the first thin people think of when they think of a mountain bike. They’re high quality, durable, rigged and reliable in all of the right ways with different designs and styles to meet all of your adventurous needs.
Mongoose has been designing and delivering on bikes for years making them a great choice when you’re trying to get an answer for the question ‘what is the best mountain bike brand’.
This mountain bike brand’ is an excellent option for new mountain bikers. If you’re newer to rugged terrain, harsh weather and hard pedaling this is the right brand of bike for you. Thankfully they don’t only design with beginners in mind, you can get a great bike at any level of experience with Tommaso, making them an all around one stop shop that helps answer the question ‘what is the best mountain bike brand?’.
- PERFECT FOR ALL TERRAIN TYPES: 24” knobby tires are perfect for gravel, pavement,dirt, or wherever your kids want to ride. The wider tires also provide great balance and handling, inspiring...
- EASY TO USE: Shimano Tourney grip shift offers smooth and easy shifting, allowing kids to learn about shifting properly in an easy and comfortable way
- POWERFUL: 21 speed offer great gear, ready to tackle anything
- BEST MOUNTAIN BIKE VALUE: The powerful and durable Masso offers the best performance for the money anywhere. With amazing features like a Shimano SLX crankset, the versatility of a 650B+ frame,...
- SIMPLE & RELIABLE DRIVETRAIN: Once you ditch the front derailleur and go 1x, you don’t go back. With a huge cassette in the rear, the Masso offers 10 quick shifting speeds with a wide 11-42T range....
- STOP ON A DIME: Power and speed is nothing without control. This is exactly why we equipped the Masso with Shimano Hydraulic disc brakes, for precision control and excellent stopping power. These...
- Custom-formed aluminum frame features Progressive wheel sizing: 27. 5" on XS, S and 29" on M, L, XL
- SR Sun tour XCM-DS fork offers 100mm of coil-sprung suspension to soak up bumps
- Shimano 3x7 speed drivetrain means you’ll always find the perfect gear
These awesome bike builders have been crafting high quality mountain bikes for over 120 years. Their experience alone stands against the average mountain bikes in the world but their ability helps them answer the question ‘what is the best mountain bike brand’ easily.
Built with adventurous spirits in mind these bikes are lightweight and have a smooth ride making them very appealing to just about any rider, even those who aren’t planning an adventure!
- Aluminum frame is lightweight and durable
- SR Suntour suspension fork offers 120mm of travel to soak up bumps
- Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes for excellent stopping power
- Made for riding moderate distance on light trails and pavement
- Sizing: xs=5'-5'3", s=5'3"-5'6", m=5'6"-5'9", l=5'9"-6'
- Designed for comfort with women's-specific upright geometry, a squishy suspension fork, Women's specific comfort saddle, and Women's specific grips
Finding Your Bike
Finding your bike, even with our narrowed down options, can seem like it’s impossible. Each one of these bike brands have a great history, decades of experience, and quite a reputation for building quality bikes. Any one of these bikes are brilliant but how do you tell which one is for you?
How fast do you want your bike? Each if these brands is going to have different models ,which will in turn have different speeds. This is going to seriously impact your riding, you don’t want to have a slow bike if you’re trying to race on a trail, and if you’re a beginner a slower speed might be your forte. Speed is a very important aspect to getting the right bike.
Mountain bikes should be designed to take a hard hit so shocks are going to be another important aspect of selecting your bike. If you’re expecting to take this bike with you on trips you’ll need solid shock absorption to be able to make those sharp falls without seriously hurting yourself. One of the biggest inconveniences is having a bike with little to no shock absorption so always be sure your bike has this essential need.
One of the not necessary things in the biking we rod is stability. If your bike isn’t made properly you can easily become unstable and hurt yourself. The biggest stability issue with these bikes isn’t the bike though it’s the rider. If you aren’t confident on a bike then you shouldn’t be going on adventures right away, practice first before you start jumping down cliff sides with one of these awesome mountain bikes.
With every bike you need to be able to stop, but with mountain bikes you need to be able to stop quickly and smoothly. You need to be able to control your breaking helping you keep from going too far too fast with your bike. The last thing you want is for a fun time to turn into a rescue mission.
This option isn’t essential but it’s wise to keep in mind style, color and physical look of your bike. You want to like your bike, otherwise you won’t ride your bike anywhere near as often. Take style into account when you’re choosing your bike every time. This is going to be a large aspect of your choice but don’t let it be your only choice.
The Best Mountain Bike
When you’re trying to answer the question of what is the best mountain bike brand available your choice is going to depend on what you want out of a bike. Do you want a bike that’s sturdy and dependable or comfortable and quick? All of these brands produce very high quality mountain bikes, which make it even harder to choose.
Known for their versatility, they’re long history of service and their all around dependability the bikes on this list are truly the best of the best. The only hard part now is choosing which one of these mountain bike titans are the best bike for you and your needs.