The Best Electric Bikes Under $1000 You Can Get this 2020 Posted in: Bikes – Tags: best electric bikes under $1000, bikes main
A traditional bicycle is a great tool of transportation for those who are on a budget. But what if you want automatic control and adjustable speeds without spending thousands for a car? This is where electric bikes come into play.
Say goodbye to the old and say hello to the future with electric bikes. These battery-powered bicycles offer more than a traditional bike. You can adjust the speed, monitor the battery, work in different kinds of terrain, and more. It’s a bike with a modern twist thanks to extra functionality.
However, electric bikes cost a fortune. And you will probably end up with an empty wallet if you opt for one. But the price is still justifiable because of its features. And if you’re looking for an affordable e-bike without breaking your bank account, then this article is for you.
Below, we’ll give you e-bike recommendations as well as some factors to help you choose the best e-bike for you.
Top 3 products
The Top 10 best E-bikes Under $1000
Best Folding E-bikes
SwagCycle EB-5 Pro
- Autoguard brake technology Automatically stops the ebike immediately within a second even if you’re going full throttle and prevent accidents.
- Long battery life Ride to your heart’s content up to 15.5 miles with different terrain.
ECOTRIC 20″ New Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike
- Fat tire Durable fat tires that can withstand different kinds of terrain for a long lasting bike-riding adventure.
- Removable battery Worried that the battery might die after months of usage? Fear no more with its 36V/12AH replaceable battery.
Best Fat Tire Electric Bikes
ECOTRIC Fat Tire Electric Bike
- Dual brake system Get the best of both worlds with the outage brake and mechanical brake function that will automatically stop the e-bike immediately in less than a second.
- Blazing fast speed With a 500W brushless gear motor combined with a 36V battery, you can rule the streets for up to 23 Mph of speed.
ECOTRIC Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike
- The best of both worlds A folding e-bike with fat tires that can run into snow, rocky surfaces, mud, and sand? Count us in!
- Ride longer With up to 18-23 miles of riding distance, you can go beyond horizons and explore new places you’ve never been before.
Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike
- Shorter charging times Do more instead of charging more. The Swagtron EB-6 Bandit only takes 4-5 hours of charging time for the battery to be full so you can enjoy more bike-riding escapades.
- IPX4 rating Bike under the raging storm thanks to its IPX4 rating, which makes the e-bike survive even the harshest weather conditions.
Best Electric Cruiser Bikes
NAKTO 26″ Adult Electric Bicycle
- Ride towards the dark With a powerful LED light combined with a bike bell, you can enjoy night time rides without worrying of someone getting in your way.
- Long-lasting battery Thanks to its 36V 10A battery and a fast charger, you can enjoy more bike-riding sessions without waiting too much for it to charge.
NAKTO 26″ 250W Cargo Electric Bicycle
- Dual modes Choose between fully automatic e-bike mode or manual assisted mode. Or just combine both of them to utilize the e-bike’s power.
- Removable battery Worry no more about performance issues thanks to its replaceable battery. Now you can slap a new one if the stock battery starts to show some issues.
Cyclamatic GTE PRO Step-Through Electric Bike
- Step-through design The frame of the Cyclamatic GTE Pro is step-through so you can easily get on and off the bike without the hassle of raising your legs too high.
- Durability at its finest Thanks to the 700C alloy material, this e-bike is made with durability in mind and will stand the test of time.
Best Compact Electric Bike
SwagCycle Pro Folding Electric Bike
- Take control via the app It’s the only e-bike in this list that has a dedicated app.
- Light and compact This e-bike’s ergonomic design makes it light and compact to use. Not to mention, it’s collapsible stem and handlebars are equal to easy storage.
Best Electric Mountain Bikes
ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike
- Made with durability in mind The combination of carbon steel and aluminum alloy makes this the perfect mountain e-bike with unmatched durability.
- Easy charge system Say goodbye to longer charging times with its fast easy charge system.
Aceshin 26” Electric Mountain Bike
- All-terrain tires With tires that are made with different kinds of terrain in mind, you can go almost anywhere ranging from smooth surfaces down to rocky and muddy trails.
- 21-speed transitioning system Adjust the speed of the e-bike at your own will to an optimal level and prevent uncanny accidents with the built-in brakes.
Factors to Consider in Selecting an e-Bike
Always opt for an e-bike that is ergonomically designed and not too complicated to look at. Having a good e-bike design not only looks pleasing to the eyes, but also comfortable to ride on to as well.
The motors are the core of the e-bike for it to run. Higher motor watts is equal to higher motor speeds. Make sure that the motor of the e-bike you’ve been eyeing on is at least 250W so you’ll get the best optimal speed.
What’s an e-bike with a low-quality performing battery? Choose an e-bike that can last long on a single charge. Don’t settle on e-bikes with batteries that only lasts for a few hours and so.
The lesser the charging time, the more fun and adventure you can have. Don’t you just hate it when you are on the road and your e-bike suddenly stops out of nowhere? So what’s the next thing to do? Go home and charge it for hours. Always opt for an e-bike that has a built-in fast charging system or ones that come with a high-watt charger.
How to prevent your electric bike from getting stolen?
We can’t deny that an e-bike is a luxury item, which makes it a favorite subject among thieves. If you’re at home, do not leave your e-bike outside. It’s not a traditional bike that you can just display outside your home and hope no one is going to take it.
If you’re at work, secure your e-bike with an alarm-enabled lock. Yes, this one works differently from traditional locks. If someone tries to unlock it, an alarm will be triggered automatically. Make sure to park your e-bike in well-lit areas too.
Do you need a licence for electric bikes?
Since e-bikes operate just like other vehicles that are battery-powered such as cars, then yes. This will also depend on the location you are living too. There are some regions or countries that don’t have any strict laws for e-bikes.
Do you have to pedal electric bikes?
This depends on the e-bike. There are some e-bikes that have both a pedal and automatic function, and there are also others that don’t come with a pedal. It depends on what kind of e-bike you opt for. It is highly recommended that you should get an e-bike with a pedal. So that you can still use it when the battery is out of juice in the middle of the road.
Do electric bikes have gears?
Yes, e-bikes have gears just like other battery-dependent vehicles. The more gears an e-bike has, the faster the speed.
Electric bikes: How fast can they go?
It depends on the motor, the battery, and the gears of the e-bike. Ideally, the higher the numbers the better the performance. So when it comes to choosing e-bikes, always opt for ones that have a higher battery capacity, gears, and motor speed.
Electric bikes: How far can they go?
E-bikes can go as far as you want depending on the battery capacity. Choose an e-bike that has a battery of at least 36V and 10A. This capacity is enough for 15 miles of e-bike traveling.
How much are electric bikes?
The price of an e-bike depends on its features and materials used. Ideally, costlier e-bikes have more features and better power capacities. Prices can range from $400 up to $1000 or more depending on the brand of the e-bike.
How long do electric bikes last?
Typically, an electric bike can last for 5 hours or more depending on the usage. E-bike usage is often measured in miles. So the longer the mile, the longer it will last. You will notice it on e-commerce sites where they will always mention “miles” in the listing page.
How much do electric bikes weigh?
Electric bikes are usually heavier compared to their traditional counterparts. This is because there are a lot of equipment involved such as newer brakes, gears, motors, and batteries. Lightweight e-bikes are usually the foldable ones because they are designed with easy carrability in mind.
Which are the best electric mountain bikes?
The best mountain e-bikes depend on the brand. “ANCHEER” is a reputable brand in the e-bike industry and they are famous because of its top-notch durability in their e-bikes. “Aceshin” is also worth mentioning too. This company is known for its ergonomically-designed mountain e-bikes that are stunning to look at.
Why are electric bikes good?
Electric bikes are better than traditional bikes because of their extra functionalities. This explains why e-bikes cost twice, or not thrice the price of a traditional bike. But at least you get what you paid for. It also encourages you to exercise more too. Some e-bikes come with a built-in display where it tracks your time, distance, and your heart rate.