5 Best Knee Scooters for a Comfortable and Safe Ride – Top Picks & Reviews Posted in: Mobility Scooters, Scooters
Did you just go through a leg injury, foot injury, ankle injury, or leg surgery that’s somewhat restricted your mobility? Oh boy, I understand the pain and frustration associated with it. Forget the crutches; choose the best knee scooter instead.
If you want to get those “Awww, that’s amazing” kind of looks while riding around town, go through our top 5 knee scooters below. Be sure to find your favorite knee walker and keep it safe.
And one more thing: don’t forget to give your best knee scooter a name; like say, Rosie!
You don’t have to be confined at home just because of a temporary leg injury or even an amputation. You can find a knee walker with all the features to make you lead an everyday life just like everyone else.
Some knee scooters have a comfortable kneed pad that helps to relieve the pain, for example. Others have a storage basket where you can keep groceries.
Get your hands on knee scooters and save yourself or your loved ones the pain of using crutches.
Time to get knee-deep into our best knee walker reviews.
Best Knee Scooter Reviews
1. OasisSpace All Terrain Knee Scooter – best overall
This knee scooter has approved some of the highest medical standards in the world of knee walkers. That’s why this best all-terrain knee scooter offers 12 months warranty for any issue related to quality.
The scooter has huge, all-terrain wheels, with the front ones being 12-inches to enhance stability when rolling over this device. The big wheel size makes this scooter ideal for outdoor and indoor use, which means you can use it at home, park, and even on grass.
Your safety is guaranteed due to the scooter’s adjustable locking handbrakes that make it easy to control the rear brakes and bring the scooter to a quick stop whenever you need to.
The knee pad is super comfortable with a 4-inch cushion to help reduce friction, skin irritation and relieve pain when using it.
Most importantly, the handlebars have a quick release folding mechanism that makes storage and transportation a cakewalk.
- Huge, 12-inch front wheels for stability
- Super comfortable knee pad cushion
- Reliable braking
- Storage basket
- 12 months warranty
- The basket is not removable; you have to screw it off and on
best knee scooter for elderly
The 796 Dual Pad Knee Walker can withstand a maximum weight of 350 lbs. It has a sturdy frame construction, making it durable. Its lightweight design (it weighs 22 lbs) makes it easy to tote around town, even for the weak and elderly. When not in use, you can easily lift and load it on a car for easy transport.
This best knee scooter has a small footprint than most of its counterparts. It measures only 30 x 16 x 31 inches, enabling it to navigate past narrow alleys and doors quickly. In addition, the 796 Knee Scooter has a foldable design, making it easy to place it in a car trunk or carry it across a fleet of stairs.
Featuring 8-inch castors, this best knee scooter for the elderly offers excellent traction on both indoor and outdoor surfaces. These wheels provide reliable stability on uneven surfaces, preventing the scooter from tipping over.
Besides, the Drive Medical 796 Knee Walker comes with an adjustable height. You can adjust the handles to an inside height of 31 to 40 inches. For added comfort, you can also adjust the knee platform to 16.5 to 20.5 inches.
- Adjustable height
- Strong foot brake for safety
- Lightweight for easy handling
- Removable front basket for storing essential items
- Can accommodate up to 350 pounds
This scooter is suitable, especially if you’re recovering from a leg injury, and its stability exceeds that of most scooters. The steerable handles give you full control.
The KneeRover Economy Scooter is easy to use because it has adjustable locking handbrakes in addition to the dual rear brakes. It’s also lightweight and weighs only 21 pounds, making it easy to push or even carry around.
But, being lightweight doesn’t mean it’s fragile. On the contrary, this scooter can accommodate a maximum weight of 300 pounds, making it suitable for large-sized patients. Further, individuals with a height of between 4.6 and 6.6 inches can use it, which means it’s perfect for adults and kids.
This affordable knee scooter gives you more control and stability than crutches. Featuring four 7.5-inch wheels, this scooter is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. It is also easy to steer and balance.
The handlebars have a quick release folding mechanism, making it easy to move and store the knee scooter. You can easily adjust the padded knee platform and handlebars for a comfortable fit.
- Dual adjustable handlebars
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Stable and balanced
- Easy to fold for storage
- The scooter can lose balance when speeding on uneven surfaces
4. ELENKER Economy Medical Knee Scooter – cheapest option
This medical knee scooter is perfect for individuals recovering from a broken ankle, broken foot, ankle surgery, broken leg, or ankle injury.
This scooter’s handlebars have a quick folding mechanism so you can easily store or transport it via a car, bus, or train. Besides, the knee pad and handlebars are fully adjustable, making it suitable for individuals of various heights.
The Elenker Knee Scooter is more stable and comfortable than crutches. It has 8-inch wheels that make steering and balancing a breeze, making the scooter ideal for outdoor and indoor use.
And riding on this scooter is safe as well, as there are a rear brake and an adjustable locking handbrake. Therefore, you can safely slow it down or stop it whenever you want. The locks are easy to use, too; simply push the brakes to lock.
You’ll undoubtedly love the Knee pad memory foam, which evenly distributes pressure to relieve pain, reduce skin irritation and friction for comfortable daily use.
The handlebars have a quick folding mechanism for easy storage and transport. Moreover, the scooter has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Easy to fold
- Comfortable knee pad memory foam
- High maximum weight capacity
- Adjustable kneepad and handlebars
The latch snaps up when you fold the handlebar down and try lifting it; it can hurt your hand.
5. KneeRover Deluxe Steerable Knee Scooter – lightweight and budget-friendly
When one of your legs is out of action, your mobility is most likely to be restricted. But that doesn’t mean you should resort to crutches. The Deluxe Knee Walker is here to give you the ability to move freely and independently.
This scooter has a tie-rod steering mechanism to give you more excellent maneuverability and control. Not many scooters out there have this feature. Therefore, if you’re looking for an elegant and easy-to-steer knee walker, then you should consider the Deluxe Steerable Knee Walker.
In addition, the parking brakes and dual brake system on this best knee scooter guarantee your safety while using it. When it comes to comfort, the scooter has a padded and contoured platform that reduces any strain on the knees and can withstand a maximum weight of 300 pounds.
If you wish to buy some groceries while moving around in this scooter, you can do it effortlessly, thanks to the storage basket. Did we mention the knee platform and handlebar are flexible too?
You should look forward to smooth rides when using the KneeRover Deluxe Knee Scooter, as its 7.5-inch wheels make it possible.
- Lightweight and foldable
- Handlebars and knee pad can be adjusted
- Dual braking system
- 5-inch wheels for control and stability
- Storage basket
- The twin rear wheel tends to catch the pushing foot
Essential Features to Consider When Buying the Best Knee Scooter
- Brake system – For safety reasons, brakes are critical. You don’t want to roll down the hill, unable to stop. We recommend going for a scooter whose brakes are located on the handlebars.
- Frame material – The knee scooter’s frame should be made of durable and robust material, such as steel or aluminum, for reliability and sturdiness.
- Weight – Look at the scooter’s maximum weight capacity and choose one that can handle your weight. Anything less than that could expose you to further injury.
- Basket – The best knee scooter should have a storage basket to help you carry some items while moving around. If you find one without a storage basket, you can still buy a compatible one separately.
- Tires – Ensure the scooter you intend to purchase has high-quality tires. You want to consider the tire size and material. Ensure the tires are big and tough enough to be used outdoors if you’d like to go out with the device.
- Ease of Assembly – It’s best to purchase the best knee scooter that you can assemble with ease. Choose one that won’t require many tools and effort to assemble, store, or move around.
If you are looking for the cheapest knee scooter, consider the Elenker Economy Knee Walker, which is the most pocket-friendly of the five scooters listed above.
However, if you need the best knee scooter with the most prominent front wheels with a super comfortable knee pad, we recommend the OasisSpace All Terrain Knee Scooter. It also has a 12 months warranty and a reliable braking system.
On the other hand, if you prefer a knee walker that’s both lightweight and budget-friendly, go for the KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter.
Most of the scooters on our list are also foldable and easy to control. Be sure to find one that suits your needs.